Sunday, November 9, 2008

Doubts?

Today's message at church was on doubt. We went to Genesis and talked about Eve's doubt and how it opened the door to failure. He talked about how often people try to put just the slightest doubt in our mind and how wide that opening swings into all sorts of things. Try this drug, try this drink, try this X - what is it for you?

I've been weighing the coversation about why bad things happen for a few days and I appreciate all the comments and the discussion I've been having with friends and family over email. The only thing that hasn't come up in my mind is doubt that there is a solution. Whether everyone accepts it or not I can't say, but for me I am content with "trusting God" as the answer. I have enjoyed having that peace while I worked through thoughts with different people.

Thank you all for praying for my sister and her child. Ronan Christopher Ames was born today!

It is looking more like I'll be staying in Cape Town until January. I'm going to a few projects this week and I think using the bus (about $2 round trip) I can go out 3 days per week to work at one of the orphanages.

Love and miss you guys.

1 comment:

Feli said...

The earth is filled with your love, O LORD; teach me your decrees. Do good to your servant acording to your word, O LORD. Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I belive in your commands. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. YOU ARE GOOD AND WHAT YOU DO IS GOOD;teach me your decrees.Psalm 119:64-68 Yes, yes, Amen!